Sunday, March 1, 2009

There's a kind of hush...

We had a pretty full day yesterday. In the morning, our friends Tim & Kim stopped by the hospital to visit. They brought Melissa all kinds of fun Hello Kitty things. She also got a package from Eric & Michelle in Florida, full of stickers, colouring books, crayons, fun scarves... and bridal magazines (you can't see it, but I'm rolling my eyes right now, Michelle.) Other friends, Brian & Vanessa, spent the rest of the day visiting. It was good to see & hear from friends; I think it really helped Melissa's spirits.

She's been getting up a little each day and has been in much less pain lately. Her mom says that she had a really good sleep last night, and she's taking a little nap right now.

I'm out of vacation time, so I think I'll be headed back to work tomorrow. Luckily, I work about two miles from the hospital, so I should be able to come here right after work each day. I wish I was able to stay with her all the time, but I know that Zoe, Erin, and her mom will take good care of her while I can't be here.

1 comment:

  1. Roll your eyes all you want, but it's fun to look at all the pretties! Also, the idea of having people sign wine bottles instead of a guest book came from one of those things! You're engaged, now, never too early to start planning!
    <3

    ReplyDelete