Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Casimir Pulaski Day

No new news yet today. I stopped in around 7:30 and Melissa and Amy were sleeping so I dropped off a thermos of coffee, kissed Melissa’s forehead, and walked to work.

Today is my first day back since this whole thing started. It’s a little odd. I won’t be able to grill the doctors on any little thing that pops into my head. I won’t be able to annoy Melissa constantly with “Are you sure there’s nothing I can get you?” I won’t be the first line, like I’ve grown accustomed to.

I suppose I feel much like many of you do, receiving secondhand information and feeling a little helpless.

But really, it’s not so bad. The hospital is about 2 miles away from my office building. I can hop on a train or jump in a cab and be there in a few minutes. I’ll be spending the evenings with her, and might spend the night a couple times.

And I know that Melissa is in good hands. Her mom, Erin, and Zoe are taking good care of her. I am so thankful for all the support they have given to Melissa, and to me. And continue to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment