Friday, March 6, 2009

Wheeee

From Melissa, cross-posted from Livejournal.

So sitting around the hospital isn't great fun, but I'm taking it in stride I think. All the friends and family support really makes it easier - thanks, everyone!! I'm on my last few hours of chemo, so hopefully it's all downhill from here. Just watching for infections, then waiting for my body to recover from the cure.

I've gotten a few tubes removed from various parts of my body, and I'm moving around way better. The most irksome thing about this, possibly, is that they're accusing me of not eating because I have lost some weight from the treatment. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I eat like a horse - I have people bring me food all damned day! GRAAAAHHH!! Of all the stupid things to accuse me of. Surliness? Sure. Abusing visiting hours and guest limits? Ok. Being too damned cute? Well duh! But not eating...? The nutritionists strategically stop by at mealtimes now. Grrrr.

In the long run, though, I'm doing better than can be expected. I said it before but I'll say it again - it's because of all your warm wishes and support. Thank you all for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment