Monday, November 9, 2009

Fun Side-Effects

I like to drink. I truly, truly enjoy a good craft beer, a lucious bottle of wine, or smooth spirits. I crave a nice cocktail, even. I'm not a drunkard, just appreciate an excellent drink. So it was a bit of a blow when I read that my 6-Mercaptopurine (Meerkat Top Urine? Metaporcupine?) can cause undue liver damage when combined with alcohol. I guess I am embarking, unwillingly, on a sabattical from spirits; a break from booze; a furlough from firewater; a holiday from the hard stuff? In all likelihood, it's until August 2011, which will be the end of my maintenance therapy. It looks like I'll be aging those bottles a little longer than intended. 2007 Dark Lord ought to be an outright rarity by '11, but here's hoping it tastes all the sweeter for the wait.

...Anyone in the market for a designated driver?

No comments:

Post a Comment