Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Sandwich Day!

It was another uneventful visit to Dr. Larson on Monday! And I can tell you, it's fantastic to be able to say that. My numbers look good, the pills I'm taking now aren't affecting my blood counts like they occasionally do for some people, and I'm starting another pill entirely next week. It's called 6-Mercaptopurine (these names just get wackier and wackier, don't they?) and once again, it's a mild immunosuppressant and side effects are mainly stomach-related. This is a daily pill, and it completes my trifecta of maintenance therapy that won't end until August 2011.

I'm doing so well, all things considered! Still looking for a job, but I'm hopeful. The holidays are approaching fast and I'm feeling festive! It starts with Thanksgiving, then Teddy's Birthday on the 28th, Erin and Lanie's birthdays, and then I'll start thinking about Christmas. Even getting dark at 5pm, I do love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment