Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's been a while...

From Melissa, cross-posted from Livejournal.

And yet I'm still just posting leukemia-related chatter! Here's the scoop. You may or may not know that today I had another bone marrow biopsy. If their fancy tests determine that I am in complete molecular remission (yes, not even a trace of cancer in my molecules) then it will have been my last. You'll be glad to know that it was as easy as the last one was difficult. Just one stick and a fantastic nurse doing it!

Also important, I'll be going into the hospital again on Monday for my last round of chemo. The idea is that I will be released on Friday and get to deal with all the side effects at home, under the care of my wonderful fiance and mother. I'll have my cell phone as per usual if you feel like calling. I'll be sure to let you know if, as usual, they decide to keep me longer for whatever reason.

Today has been a good day. Sure, biopsies hurt, but I'm a little more OK with them since I agreed to give a butt-load of bone goo to a research study each time I have it drawn for my own purposes. Maybe 20 years down the road someone is going to look back at the barbaric things I've had to go through and sudder. Maybe 5 syringes of bone aspirate per draw from me will help that along somehow. It makes my mind easier, anyway.

On a side note, after the procedure and a quick pit-stop to get a hug from Teddy at his office despite his busy workday, Mom and I went out for Thai. I haven't had much of an appetite lately, but I ate my entire plate of glass noodles, veggies, and shrimp in a delicate sweet sauce. It looks like an utter dive here on 41 in Highland, but sometimes they really hit the mark. It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment